Every Higher Educational Institution should have an internal quality assurance system with appropriate structure and processes and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders. The internal quality assurance mechanism of the institution is called “Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC).” IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the Higher Educational Institutions. For the above purposes, our institution established Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) on 11.12.2011
The IQAC assists the Principal in chalking out academic programmes, infrastructural blue prints, and the matters related to the promotion of teachers under CAS (Career Advancement Scheme).The IQAC Coordinator keeps track of all quality related activities of the college and engages in motivating the faculty and students to realize the targets. The IQAC should become a driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality and to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders and to fulfil the specific objectives of the Cell.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- (1) Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- (2) Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- (3) Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- (4) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- (5) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- (6) Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- (7) Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- (8) Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- (9) Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- (10) Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Role of Coordinator :
- (1) To coordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- (2) To coordinate the documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement
- (3) To coordinate the quality-related activities of the institution
- (4) To coordinate the timely and efficient execution of the decisions of IQAC committee.