Every Higher Educational Institution should have an internal quality assurance system with appropriate structure and processes and with…
ACADEMIC CALENDER (CBCS ODD SEMESTER) 2019 – 2020
Academic Calendar CBCS Odd Semester 2019 – 2020News & Activities
AQAR REPORT 2019 – 2020 : Institutional Values & Best Practices (7.2.1)
Criterion VII : Institutional Values & Best PracticesNews & Activities
History of the Institution
In the year 1959 on 24th January two persons of Nandigram locality, Kishore Chandra Maity of Dhanyakhola and Benimadhab Pal of Roynagar circulated a printed Hand bill convening a meeting on 26th January, 1959 of the local persons interested in education to be assembled at a local High School “Nandigram Brajamohan Tiwary Sikshaniketan”. They expressed their desire in the call that they wish to establish a Degree College at Nandigram for imparting higher education and like to donate their savings of money for the purpose.Show More
Mission & Vision
The goal of this institution is to make quality education and prepare competent students for society – national and international. As an institution of higher education our objective is to inculcate enthusiasm and motivation in the students so that they can discover the right path ahead to elevate their moral values. Our object is also to make the students a responsible citizen who will play constructive role in the building of our nation by learning democratic values, building moral character, developing dignity of human soul and fighting against all sorts of evils, oppression, tyranny and injustice. Our institution is also committed to provide quality education to the students where they can gain integrated subjective knowledge to compete with the modern progressive world of success and glory. All these are reflected well in teaching and overall activities of the institution. The teaching-learning community of the institution is committed to the following aims and objectives:
(1) To impart quality education through discursive study of the texts and reference books with the help of the mentors. To open the window of mind to the broader world outside.Show More
College at a Glance
(1) A Centre for study in Honours and General Courses at the Undergraduate level and P. G. Courses in Bengali and Sanskrit.
(2) It has completed fifty six years of its glorious existence. The college was founded on 21July, 1960 as an affiliated college of Calcutta University with Science and Arts faculties. In 1985 the college was affiliated to Vidyasagar University.
(3) Honours Course offered in 12 subjects :
Bengali, English, History, Political Science, Sanskrit, Education, Anthropology, Zoology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Geography.
(4) General Courses in 15 subjects:
Bengali, Sanskrit, English, Political Science, History, Philosophy, Education, Anthropology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany and Nutrition
(5) Area of college campus – 9.85 acre.Show More